A Practice that Connects the Personal, Local, and Global
Presenters: Matt Karlsen and Susan Harris Mackay
Date: Saturday 11 September 2021
Time: 10.00am - 11.30am (AEST)
Click here to book all 4 WEBINARS before 29 July 2021 and SAVE 10%! Registrations close 12pm (AEST) 29 July 2021.
Webinar recordings will be made available 2 days after the event is held for a period of 7 days.
Registrations have now closed
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
“We can never think of the child in the abstract. When we think about a child, when we pull out a child to look at, that child is already tightly connected and linked to a certain reality of the world — she has relationships and experiences. We cannot separate this child from a particular reality. She brings these experiences, feelings, and relationships into school with her.” Loris Malaguzzi, Your Image of the Child: Where Teaching Begins
How might school be a place for each child to develop their sense of civic participation and belonging? Holding a strong image of the child invites us to keep our classroom walls permeable: to seek connections between the feelings and experiences children are having with each other, their personal identities, and the larger world that we recognize they have a right to know about. This session explores practices in working with primary grades children that keep those potentially disparate and untended lives an integrated whole.
Participants are encouraged to view the short film Becoming Who I Am before this session.
Webinar Terms and Conditions:
- • Please ensure a personal email address is used when registering to ensure you receive the zoom link to join the webinar.
- • Webinars will be made available 2 days after the event is held for a period of 7 days. This time period is not negotiable. If you are unable to view the webinar on the scheduled date or wish to rewatch the webinar please do so within this timeframe. Any requests for extensions will be at an additional cost.
- • If you are interested in sharing any of our webinars for team training or private professional learning please contact us to discuss group rates.
- • All webinars will be available to repurchase at a later date.
- • Webinars are for individual use and are not to be shared.
- • Participants will need to download the (free) Zoom platform https://zoom.us/
- • It is suggested for participants to use a laptop or desktop – not a phone, this allows for easier use of the webinar tools.
- • No part of the discussion may be recorded by participants nor screenshots taken – reference material will be sent to participants after the event.
- • REAIE will be utilizing a range of tools during the webinar to enable participation.
- • You are invited to utilise the features within Zoom webinar for example the chat feature and the Q & A feature when made available by the presenter.
- • Cancellations must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN 5 business days before the event. All refunds will incur a 20% administration fee. Cancellations made within 5 business days of an event will not be refunded.
- • There is no refund for non-attendance at an event.
- • All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
- • All sessions will be recorded.
- • The purchase of webinar attendance is for use by the purchaser only and registration information should not be forwarded on to third parties; doing so may hinder your own access, as webinar entry is by prior registration only. Similarly, the materials and replay of webinars are for use by the purchaser only and should not be forwarded on to third parties.