Dates: 19 October, 26 October, 9 November and 16 November
Time: 7.30pm - 8.30pm (AEDT)
All webinars will be recorded and made available to participants the day after the webinar for a period of 48 hours.
Book ALL 4 WEBINARS before 19 October and SAVE 10%!
REAIE has developed a new series of four webinars which will explore in more detail the complexity of the role of the atelierista, clays’ potentialities, possibilities of light and how we should never underestimate the potential of babies.
Join us from your workplace or the comfort of your own home. These webinars will be recorded and available to view for a limited period after the event.
An Encounter with Languages: The role of the atelierista – Monday 19 October 2020 – 7.30pm – 8.30pm (AEDT)
This webinar will focus on the complexity of the role of the atelierista within an early learning setting. Emphasis will be given to the atelier as a dynamic laboratory of research, creativity and discovery.
Caterina Pennestri, Kate Mount and Kirsty Porplycia will share their perspective on the evolution of the atelierista role within their educational context. This webinar will build a collaborative dialogue amongst the atelierista, the teacher and the centre Director. The atelierista will share the importance and intentionality of the curation of materials and learning context to support the children’s expressions through the hundred languages.
An Encounter with Clay: Interweaving the practical and the possible – Monday 26 October 2020 – 7.30pm – 8.30pm (AEDT)
This webinar will focus on clay’s potentialities, interweaving the practical and the possible, exploring what this enticing material has to evoke in children and adult’s learning.
As Cathy Phillips (Creative Arts Specialist) and Kirsty Liljegren engage in creative dialogue, theory and practice will be brought together through contemporary ideas and stories from practice where the material of clay has been a focus of research.
Cathy and Kirsty will touch on:
N.B. Participants are encouraged to have access to clay, but this is not essential for engaging with the experience.
An Encounter with Light: Exploring the possibilities and provocations – Monday 9 November 2020 – 7.30pm – 8.30pm (AEDT)
This webinar will explore the possibilities that light provides as an expressive tool. It will look at the science of light; what is it and how it behaves and then we will discover how this knowledge can support our work with children by unpacking a project done with 5 year old children in a community kindergarten. Finally, we will look at some low cost/free resources that can be used with children as they encounter this expressive language.
An Encounter between Babies and Material: Wonder as the genesis of learning – Monday 16 November 2020 – 7.30pm – 8.30pm (AEDT)
Wonder as the genesis of learning. We should never underestimate the potential of babies and their creative strategies of thinking of learning given the right conditions.
This webinar will explore the statement that ‘wonder is the genesis of learning’ by exploring the concepts and values of the image of the baby, planning for babies and finally creating contexts and environments for babies that generate wonder.
Webinar Terms and Conditions:
• Participants will need to download the (free) Zoom platform https://zoom.us/
• It is preferable for participants to use a laptop or desktop – not a phone, this allows for easier use of the webinar tools.
• No part of the discussion may be recorded by participants nor screenshots taken.
• REAIE will be utilizing a range of tools during the webinar to enable participation.
• You are invited to utilise the features within Zoom webinar for example the chat feature and the Q & A feature.
• Notice of cancellation needs to be received in writing at least 5 working days prior to the session date. There are no refunds for nonattendance.
• All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
• Reference materials will be provided to participants.
• All sessions will be recorded for QA purposes and for participants to access post the event for 48 hrs.
• The purchase of webinar attendance is for use by the purchaser only and registration information should not be forwarded on to third parties; doing so may hinder your own access, as webinar entry is by prior registration only. Similarly, the materials and replay of webinars are for use by the purchaser only and should not be forwarded on to third parties.