Presenter: Kirsty Liljegren
Date: Monday 26 October 2020
Time: 7.30pm - 8.30pm (AEDT)
All webinars will be recorded and made available to participants the day after the webinar for a period of 48 hours.
Encounters between children and materials are generally extremely rich in suggestive qualities, memories, and meanings… (Vecchi, 2010, p. 32).
This webinar will focus on clay’s potentialities, interweaving the practical and the possible, exploring what this enticing material has to evoke in children and adult’s learning.
As Cathy Phillips (Creative Arts Specialist) and Kirsty Liljegren engage in creative dialogue, theory and practice will be brought together through contemporary ideas and stories from practice where the material of clay has been a focus of research.
Cathy and Kirsty will touch on:
N.B. Participants are encouraged to have access to clay, but this is not essential for engaging with the experience.
Webinar Terms and Conditions:
• Participants will need to download the (free) Zoom platform https://zoom.us/
• It is preferable for participants to use a laptop or desktop – not a phone, this allows for easier use of the webinar tools.
• No part of the discussion may be recorded by participants nor screenshots taken.
• REAIE will be utilizing a range of tools during the webinar to enable participation.
• You are invited to utilise the features within Zoom webinar for example the chat feature and the Q & A feature.
• Notice of cancellation needs to be received in writing at least 5 working days prior to the session date. There are no refunds for nonattendance.
• All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
• Reference materials will be provided to participants.
• All sessions will be recorded for QA purposes and for participants to access post the event for 48 hrs.
• The purchase of webinar attendance is for use by the purchaser only and registration information should not be forwarded on to third parties; doing so may hinder your own access, as webinar entry is by prior registration only. Similarly, the materials and replay of webinars are for use by the purchaser only and should not be forwarded on to third parties.