Date: Wednesday 16 November 2022
Time: 6.00pm - 8.00pm (AEDT)
Venue: IGS Early Learning Centre
Category: NSW Network
This is an in-person and online Network Meeting, please select the appropriate ticket when booking.
Links to join the meeting will be sent to all registered participants on Wednesday 16 November.
Please bring a COVID safe plate of food to share.
Where would we like to take this conversation?
Where are you in your journey?
Where are others in their journey?
How can we support each other in our journey?
At our last meeting we discussed professional identity, the image of the child as reflected in service philosophy and the presence of the adult in the philosophy.
During the November meeting we acknowledge all people within all services are at different stages of their personal and pedagogical journey. IGS will share their initial encounters of learning within Reggio inspired projects.
As you move through the spaces you will see glimpses of our emerging understanding, interpretation, competence and relationships with the principles of Reggio Emilia.
We have begun our walk, side by side, as we begin a deep dive into our philosophy.
We will view IGS through the lens that these spaces are where many relationships are developing and much learning, thinking and growing is occurring every day.
We are intrigued to explore pushing of boundaries as we continually learn and unlearn.
We would like to have a brief summary of the conversation by all participants at the end of the evening. If possible, these could be written up by a group representative face to face or be put in the chat for those online.
6.00 – 6.15pm – Informal tour of the IGS Early Learning Centre (ground floor and Level 1)
6.15 – 6.20pm – Formal Business – Acceptance of meeting minutes.
– Introduce how the hybrid session will work.
– Acknowledgement to Country, Sarah Herbert (IGS Head of School Early Learning)
6.20 – 7.10pm – IGS Presentation
– Language for Belonging – Growing our Cultural Competence
– Sarah Herbert, Victoria Kirkwood, Amelia Scarf
– Renaming our classrooms. An Indigenous Totem project spanning 18 months including Wiradjuri Artist in Residence Bianca Caldwell and IGS Composer in Residence, Harry Sdraulig.
7.10 – 7.15pm – Question and Answer
7.15- 7.45pm – Small Group Discussion
– Boundary Pushing
– During your current journey what boundaries have you had to push
– Reflection sharing with the whole group.
7.45 – 8.00pm – Future direction or next meeting thoughts.
– Deb, Virginia, Victoria and Paula would like to thank the network community for coming together to create a rich community of practice in 2022. We look forward to many more conversations in 2023.
Please click here for the minutes from the last meeting.